Monday, April 14, 2008

part of me, really?





The Part of You That No One Sees


You are powerful, passionate, and dominant.


You have a vision of how things should be, and you do your best to make things happen.

People rely on you for your strength. You
are a rock to many.



Underneath it all, you aren't so sure about your passions.

So many ideas spark your interest, it is hard for you to get behind a select few.


However, you see indecision as a sign of
weakness. So you pursue your goals full force - no matter how foolish they turn out to be.

What's the Part of You That No One Sees?



haha..somehow, I have to agree with that =)

I admit I always have lots of ideas on things and I'm always have a problem to make decision and I always make the decision until the last minute. My bad..

International Bookfair 2008

At last I got the oppurtunity to go to the bookfair. I've been longing so much to go there, which I actually planned to go on the last thursday. But the heavy downpour made me cancel the plan. I was actually upset, very much upset actually. But I learned my lesson, a lesson for patience. I thought I will never got to go to the bookfair anymore. But at the last day, somehow my friends asked me to go with them and I'm just very happy. An irresistible invitation indeed!!

I always love books. Now and then, and maybe for the life time. When I was a kid, one of my ambitious ambition is to be a librarian (so I'll always be together with books) or maybe having a bookstore on my own. I started to love books way before I went to the primary school. In standard one, I have started to be addicted with books on mysteries and investigations like the Hardy Boys, The Famous Five and Nancy Drew. Yes, anything from Enid Blyton. My first English novel is Heidi and it actually triggered me to read more books in English. My excitement during the weekends was being brought to the library. The Shah Alam library actually stored a lot of my childhood memories. How, I really miss being there!

I started to have passion in writing when I was in standard three. I submitted one of my essay to a children magazine and I received the second place prize which is a series of novels. I started to sent more essay in the school competitions and that actually helped me to collect more books as the prize is always books ;P

Well, I have a long wish list on my the books I always longed to have. With that, I was hoping to get some of the booksin the bookfair. But going there on Sunday and the last day of the fair was not a very good idea. Being with books is LOVELY, but being with books in the crowd packed with people is a NO-NO! I hardly get myself through. I got really dizzy to see so many people around, pushing one another. I was trying to get myself out of that place when I actually saw some books I have always wanted to have before (but I have forgotten it, until I saw it again in the bookfair). It made me stop and I was so excited to buy it. And to my surprise, the writer was there too!! I was about to pay the books when the girl at the counter asked me if I want to have the books autographed by the writer, and I can't hesitate to say no of course. It was Faisal Tehrani! Suddenly I felt my face hot and I couldn't say anything but thank you (malunya!!) . As if it was a dream come true (Haha.. I can't remember if I ever wished to meet him in person, actually).
Well that's it. I actually met some other writers (Pak Samad and others that I don't really know).

So, here are the only books that I managed to get from the bookfair which is not actually in my shopping list for that day. LOL ;D



I have put the books safely on my bookshelf. The books have to wait until the exam is finished. I hope I'll be able to let them remain there until the last days :P

And here is my wish list for the next bookfair, or maybe if I managed to find it before next year:

1) On top of the list: Raheeq Makhtum



2) Stories of the prophets by Ibn Katheer. (It's really good, seriously)





3) Qur'an Challenge game. (Well, it's not a book. Obviously ;P)

This game is really a great way to get to get to know Qur'an. It requires you to seek the Qur'an for answers :)

1 comment:

ღ فاطمة ღ said...

waa. ramai jgk yg terhilang2 tempalte ni. well comel je yg nih. he. btw terpana la ngn the Quran Challenge Game tu. wuu